Sunday, December 04, 2011

"Bummed"

Yep , that's me.  The craft show was/is today.  It was down to the wire for the snow to be blown.  If you remember, I said that there was a great chance for rain today.  It was still 70-80%.  The time that the decision was to be made was 10:30.  That was when the snow was to be blown.

Well - when I got up it was very dark and overcast.  Then about 9ish, the sun had the audacity to come out.  I got my first email from the person who chairs that committee. She said she would send an email between 10:30 and 11.

I had already made my decision.  As frantically as I worked last night, I still wasn't ready.  Then after G and Son picked up and unloaded firewood yesterday, I knew any help I sought from G was gone.  I knew  he was going to be too sore.  And he is.

So I told Daughter that I was pulling out.  When the email came, the show was a go.  They decided to blow the snow, so there will be no rescheduling of the  event.  There went my last chance for a show this year.  This means I haven't done a show in 1 1/2 years.  Her being at a swim meet was a big part of my decision.  She couldn't help, and G certainly didn't want to help.  That was clear even last night.

Well, here it is 1 PM, and we are having rain.  I will bet that the snow won't last very much longer, and I am sure there won't be many kids there to play in it.  I know there have been lots of kiddos out of school sick.  I would hope their parents would think better of them  being out in this much cooler, wet day playing in cold, wet snow.

So - my income for the day $0.00.  I guess it's ok though.  I am not sitting out in the wet cold.  My merchandise is not getting wet.  Have to look at the positives.  Got what I wanted - rain.  Not when I wanted, but still got it.  Didn't get to church because it might not have rained.  I need a weather wizard!

Peace.

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

sigh*....sorry about the no show..good for the rain.