Monday, September 19, 2011

Update

\In my continual whine - the knee is getting better.  When I woke this morning (to thunder and heavy RAIN), I could tell it was much better. That is a relief.

Simone has her stitches out.  That means no more e-collar.  That is great news.  Last night (or early morning rather) when the storms arrived, she was afraid of the thunder.  That means she wants to be on my side of the bed.  There is not a huge expanse of space there, so the collar bumped and scraped along as she muscled her way there.  Turning around brought even more noises!!  But she is free of that thing.  She can get into her crate again (Yipee), and go outside without supervision.  Sunbaths again for the old dog.

Yes - indeed we are getting some rain again.  I am anxious to see if there was rain at the SSB.  If there was any with these storms, there will be a touch of green beginning again there.  It doesn't take much.  Being a semi-arid biome, it, like a total desert, will green up fast.  Takes full advantage of any good weather.

 Bad news is that apparently the drought has caused a real problem with the pool.  It is leaking water faster than we can fill it.  We were going to have it re-tiled and re-plastered this winter, but it looks like that can't wait.  There are times I think we just ought to hammer up the concrete and fill it with dirt.  I really don't want to do that.  I really think I will swim again - someday.

I will take pictures when we are at the SSB.  I have some already stored on the computer of better days.  It will be a study in contrasts.  I will also get pictures of the table.  When it was still at the lake, it took some blows from the break ins.  It no longer has the perfect finish on it, but then even before the break-ins, my brilliant step mother let a candle burn all the way down.  Daddy tried to repair it, but there is a big dark ring on it still.  Some people would pay good money to have a table distressed like this one!  But with this burgeoning family, it almost seats all of us.

Last night at Sunday Dinner, my DIL dropped the bomb that this coming child (#3) may not be the end.  I nearly fell off the couch,  I am beginning to think it just keeps putting off her returning to school for her professed hope of becoming a nurse.  I really think she believes deeply that she won't succeed.  She just wants to stay at home.  So having babies, then home schooling will  allow that.  But even if there is a fourth, that will be the end unless she finds another Ob/Gyn.  Her doctor doesn't like more than four caesarians. ( now spell check tells me that is wrong, but there is no choice for the correct spelling - so if it's wrong - blams spell check!)

And so my life continues.  We will be taking off in the morning.  I know I can't depend on my phone to become a hot spot.  It is so irritating.  I pay for a service that works here, not there.  I hope we can get out of this contract soon.  It is set for next August, but perhaps ...  I can always dream about a better service.

peace.

5 comments:

JuJu said...

So many GOOD things in this post:
rain, knee feeling better and Simone on the mend!

Have a safe trip and here's hoping the rain continues!

yellowdoggranny said...

great news on knee and we got rain too..ain't it grand

Marti said...

I'm glad your knee is better. Slow and steady.

I can't believe her dr will do 3 C-sections. Mine made me stop at 2.

We got some of that wonderful rain too. I hope you got some at the SSB. Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

Cheyenne said...

Such good news in this post. Glad to hear all of it.

Judy said...

happy, happy post. Have a great time at SSB
(My word verification is BLESS--how nice!!!)