Thursday, March 31, 2011

I accept the razzing

Before I accept all the razzing, wow, this is my 925th post! That's a lot.

Now down to business. I have no idea why I was bundling up for temperatures that would top out, and this makes it worse, in the high 60's and lower 70's. I used to beg for that kind of weather. My normal "knock around" clothes are exactly as Judy put it - a tee and shorts. What happened, I don't know.

I am even opening myself for more ribbing. I turned on the heat. And I pushed the thermostat to 72. I don't usually do that kind of thing. Usually G is the only one around here with a long sleeved shirt and trousers. So go ahead - laugh at this silly Texan who cratered under this last front. I deserve it.

I am really finally a firm believer in the six degrees of separation. There have several surprises of how close to me some people are. When G and I met, it was his high school physics teacher who had married the girl who would become my Matron of Honor. That relationship got even closer - my aunt, who was 18 years older than my mother and I never met, had married into the guy's family. Intricate I know - it does make sense the way it was written. But I my head still swirls with the closeness.

Today I was talking to Son. He told me the youngest child of my best friend (I guess - haven't heard from her in months) lives close to him. So, let's see how many of them are out there. A guy that was in Daughter's graduating class and we used to go to church with the family for one - he is up the street. Across the major street is (and here we go again) my Matron of Honor's son lives there. Now this newest one.

I would think living in the fourth largest city, things would dilute a bit. But out here in the northwest part of the city and into the county, it is like a small town. And things still make me wonder.

Peace be with you.

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

it got down to 37 the other night and I just put on a sweater and threw another blanket on...did roast a chicken so cheated a little.

Marti said...

This weather has been crazy. I've turned on the a/c and heat - all in one day! You know what's weird, I go to my hometown of 18K and don't see anyone I know when I'm out shopping, and yet when I'm shopping here I see people who know people I know. There was a girl at the Pizza Hut with a name tag, and her last name was my maiden name. A very rare name and I knew immediately we were related. We just had to backtrack and see where the connection was.