Tuesday, January 04, 2011

I’m back–finally

And I cannot tell you how happy I am to be here with you all! I had 9 days sans internet. That lying little piece of you-know-what that daughter talked me into did not connect one single time while at the SSB.

It will bring me new mail from my Gmail accounts. They aren’t the ones I really want – unless I am expecting something from the business account –and I certainly don’t hold my breath there. It really makes me angry to get those little musical chimes telling me I have new email when those both are nothing emails.

I cannot read blogs nor see what’s going on with Facebook. I can’t get to the sites with free machine embroidery designs. I am out of contact for nine days.

Don’t get me completely wrong. I enjoy the time we are there. I enjoy the people we visit with. I JUST WANT MY INTERNET!

This fancy-dancy phone was supposed to become a hotspot. And it does – HERE! That does me good only when Comcast might go down. That hasn’t happened in a loooong time. Up there – I have to travel 45 miles to town to find a hotspot. And I don’t know of one unless the Dairy Queen has one now., I don’t frequent them. They are on the outskirts of town – leading out of town. OK I know – the town doesn’t even rate a traffic light. When they got a stop sign at the intersection of two highways, they absolutely didn’t know what to do! So, if I travel all the way to town – I could stop in at DQ. Hey – I could have one of their little soft serve cones with the swirl on top. My weight could find some more partners to drive the numbers on the scale up more.

I did get that phone of all uses to work on Sunday,. We had to go to Austin for MIL’s 90th birthday. I understand she was happy about reaching that milestone, but I don’t know about the party. When you are dying (yes, she really is – she is in terribly bad shape – hospice type shape) you probably aren’t thrilled with a three hour party. Anyway, I took the computer and super phone to the party, and snuck out at some low point.

That is another tale of stupidity on my part. Surprise, right? When I started looking for hotspots, mine wasn’t there. I looked and looked. Nothing. Every time I tried the servers, nothing. After about five minutes I found the answer. I hadn’t turned on the hotspot part of my phone, and the smart neighbors with routers on their computers had them locked down tight. When I figured it out, I could make an appointment with the lab for my fasting blood work – on the wrong day. Sometimes I wonder about me..So the first thing I did when I got home was to change that appointment to Thursday.

Yes I am back in all my glory! I wonder how I make it through a day alive!

Peace be with you.

PS: HEY LOOK HERE!! This was written on something in a new to me Windows app. It said it published it on the 4 th. Didn't. Happen!! I am upset, but here it is

.

.

2 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Buck up!

"Everyday I spend above ground is a reason to celebrate!"

Susan said...

I confess that I'm an Internet addict too, plus I have a site that I am supposed to keep active. The problem is that hubby and I like to travel to remote areas with no Internet access. I have a phone that allows me to access the Internet, but guess what? There's no phone service in those areas, either. So when we want to take a trip to the boondocks, I have to do my work ahead of time. I guess it's a good thing for me to have to go cold turkey from the Internet once in a while, but it's hard!