Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I think they need to fire him

I really hate to say that - especially in this time of jobs being difficult to find. I went to the pain clinic today, but that's only to set the locale. When I went to pick up my drugs, the guy picked up a packet, and told me it was $20. That is far less than I usually pay, but the amount does change. I didn't think anything of it.

I got home after the marathon appointment (2 hours). I got my lunch together, and thought I would take two of the pills like I should. I picked up the bag, and there were four bottles there. Mine is three. Then I looked at the name. It. Was. Not. My. Prescriptions!

Fortunately, or not, I have to go back at 4 for PT (I hate it that late) So I can take that poor woman"s back and get mine - IF they haven't been given to someone else.

I was surprised that VISA didn't spot it when he read the wrong name. I heard the name, but thought it could be the pharmacist's name. Didn't happen. I should have snapped to the charge. I didn't.

Every time I go to pick up the meds, it is a complete circus. Normally, there are three or more in there. He grins all the time, and I don't know how he could cause all these problems. A lot of the problems I simply don't know how he screwed up.

As I said, I think he should be fired. He doesn't seem to be able to handle it!

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

I would have said something..long and loudly..to anyone that would listen and made phone calls and written letters and emails.
My own pharmacists made a mistake on dosage...My dr had changed it two or three times and Pharm got it wrong..I noticed the color of the pill and took it back..It's been 4 months and he's still saying he's sorry...but it was an easy mistake to make and I caught it right away.
cant' imagine given me the wrong persons meds...eeek.

Cheyenne said...

Where we get our prescriptions is like a zoo sometimes, too. I can't remember if they ever messed up though. I get some of ours through our insurance, and now there are two of my husband's that I have to get at other places because good old K*mart has decided to jack up their prices for their 90-day drugs. So one I get at one grocery store and the other at another grocery store. Just trying to stay ahead of the game.

Grandma K said...

Oh embarrassed - I just read the typo in my title! I never, ever said I could type - and it's my mother's fault!

I would do more about the pharmacy, but it is part of the clinic. The police around here are watching the pain clinics like a hawk. In fact, I will write about it today - after I correct my title. On - hide my head in shame!