Friday, June 18, 2010

Confessional

In my religion, we don't have to go to confession. When I was younger, it was part of the liturgy. We would publically confession that we have sinned "by thought word and deed. We have not love you with our whole hearts ..." and so on. This little venue seems to have become a confessional. Sorry, but here comes another confession.

I had hoped fervently that SIL's family would not be in town for this party. I am so bad. I really didn't mean real harm to her, but I was hoping her doctor would tell her she was retaining too much fluid to travel for three hours. Oh how I hoped. I should be so ashamed, and I guess, if truth be known, I am not.

These people are horrible, flat horrible. I am sure I have talked about why I dislike them so, but I have no idea where it might be. They are trying to hide it a bit, but they are for the blood. In other works, my daughter could just disappear, then it would be the true blood for their family - son and grandchildren.

They have behaved so abominably at things that we have hosted they should be embarrassed. But they are so _________, (I can't think of a word that describes them)

I am dreading the party tomorrow. I can't move as quickly as before. I think she will have enough sense to stay away, but with those matching scars on my knee, I'm afraid I am going to be in her sights to talk about illnesses. Oh no!

They are dirt poor They have cell phones with all kinds of texting, and all the other bells and whistles that I don't know about because I still have my little one that will text, but I had that blocked, BIG screens TV, a granddaughter who has clothes she hasn't even put on that lives with them with her mom, - in other words they spend on foolishness - not bills. Their previous solution to be behind on the rent was to move. They called my daughter pretentious because she came from a family who paid their bills, and yet had a few things too. So because she came from a family that paid their bills and managed to have a few things - she was pretentious. But they will happily move the residents from their beds to stay at their house.

I dislike them so. That is not being Christian. I just cannot stand them regardless of everything else. I would have never met people like them in my life - had their son not swept Daughter off her feet. He claims to be embarrassed by them and their actions. He claims to see that he is not treated as well as the others. But, he comes to the fact, as he really should loves them because they are his parents. Daughter just has given up, and she takes them in stride.

I sound like a very low life. I wish I could get over this. I try, and they pull some other stunt that hurts SIL. I have tried and tried. They had hurt and hurt him. I just keep praying for strength to do the right thing.

Peace be with you.


2 comments:

Judy said...

I think it was Jesus who told his disciples that if they came into a town with preverse people to, "turn, shake the dust of that town off your shoes and go on." You aren't being evil, you are seeing things as they really are. Shake their dust off your shoes after the party and be thankful they don't live next door!

Mary Jane Butler or MJay said...

I don't think you can do anything but pray and claim ailments for 30-40 minutes when it is too much to bear.
You can do this, mainly because you have to. When it is over, you will be really happy. I'll be praying for you.