Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just a bunch of stuff

Actually I wanted that title to be a little different, but I'll be nice.

I am really torn by this thing with daughter. It would be easier if she wouldn't make the statement that she would do something then not do it. I could be much happier, and could have been especially when I was stuck in the hospital, if she wouldn't say she would come by. Then she doesn't show. That really is a blow to me. Yesterday, she said she would be coming over after work to leave the d*&m invitation to this "surprise" party (if his family knows about it - SIL knows about it). it so happened G was outside. She was able to remain in the car with Lady Bug, and not come in. Let's see now. I believe the last time I saw her was the Thursday post surgery.

She said she would be helping me with getting the things ready for the "Round Up" craft show. It is the second weekend of July. I still have a lot of things to be done that they want to have. I am torn. I KNOW she has three kids, she works full time, she is working for this party (and the OCD doesn't help there), and then there's me. So I feel like warmed over dog doo to complain, although it is only here, about it all.

In brighter news, I suddenly realized that in December of this year, it has been five years. Five years is quite a landmark for cancer people. Survival rates are based on five years. Well, if nothing happens - I will join the ranks of a five year survivor. OK!

In my email today, there was a surprise. My email service will only let those through that are in my mailbox, but it will have a suspicious email section. Many emails are just trashed without me ever seeing them, but these are nicety put into a folder. I go through that folder. Today there was one with only a name. There was no subject, but I opened it anyway. The name was a good old German name. G and I are both German. I always thought it was more German than I because I suspected I wasn't . Well he is only 1/2 German, while I am about 3/4.

With trepidation, I opened that email. It was from a young woman who read my genealogy for one of G's family that I posted on line. She wanted to thank me for the work, and to give me more information about her family. A lot was left out, but people who don't do the work don't know what all we would like to have. But this was wonderful! I was so thankful for the information.

The progress with this knee is not what I hoped for. I think I pushed it too much, but seriously, I don't think the right knee would have lasted too much longer. I prepared dinner last night. By 9, I was in so much pain, and I was so tired, I just wanted to be in bed. So I was. I am going to prepare dinner again tonight. We'll see.

I am looking seriously for the higher road right now. I know there is one around. I just need to find it. Mean while I will be sewing step one of 5 in the neck coolers for Round Up.

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

Judy said...

We are German too--I love my family's genealogy. Fred is more German than me--I think I have some Dutch thrown in. He is a true Square Head.

My youngest daughter once told me, "Our family is not normal. It is so dysfunctional!!" I told her, "Everyone's family is dysfunctional--so we are normal--like everyone else." she was the closet to me of all my kids, at one time. Now, the longer the Elephant is in the room, the further apart we get. Sad.

Marti said...

Bless your heart. I was just reading this wondering if my mom feels the same right now because I came home as soon as she could get around on her own. It's too bad we can't just come right out and talk about "some" things without someone getting hurt feelers.

Grandma K said...

Jude - my dad was full German, which I didn't know, and when I got into my mom's she was half. That was a BIG surprise to me!

Ladies, you both speak true words. I am guilty of not saying things that I feel. I don't want to start disruptions or hurt feelings. So I guess I get what I deserve. I know husband won't catch on, so I just go along, but I expect daughter to catch some hints. I need to say more to those around me. Excuse me now - I have to go feed that danged elephant!!!