Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

Saturday night started things off. It was SIL's surprise 40th birthday. I decided to make him an apron, so that took up all Saturday afternoon. My machine only embroideries at a rather slow speed.

I was dreading the party because his mother, father, sister and daughter were there. We are just not the same people and we have nothing but the three grandchildren in common. They have done some horrendous things, at least by my way of thinking. I told G I can forgive, but I cannot forget. Yes, I have turned the other cheek, but I keep a wary eye out for the good one. His mother will talk about everyone behind their back, but is just so sweet to their face.

Sunday, we had a rehash of Saturday but only our family. It was nice.

Monday, I had more injections in my back. This time I wanted to not get that horrible headache after treatment. So when I got home, as soon as I had eaten breakfast/lunch, I went to bed. I slept for at least three hours. I awoke to the cable being out. It makes me want to get rid of Comcast even more. I pretty much stayed in bed, but the headache came about 9. It kept me awake until midnight.

I was to go to clinic to get my drugs. That is a trip in itself. I know some of those folks are there just to get the drugs either for a high or to sell them. Most are there for real pain issues though. We waited and waited. My appointment was for 8:30. At 9:15, I was called back. They weren't going to see me. I was supposed to get my meds at the place I got the injections.

The place I get injections, after you once get into the system for the shots, is an assembly line. The anesthesiologist pretty much apologized for the uncomfortable table. He said it was for speed not comfort. Is that ever right. You get on the table, get moved around into the proper position. You get the nasal cannula for oxygen (I HATE that!!!). When you are in the right position the "master" enters, and the relaxation meds hit. Soon sleep happens.

After the "master" has completed his little injections in the spine, you suddenly are awake and asked to roll onto the next stretcher. You are whisked away to the "recovery room" where you are given a cold drink of your choice and a 6 pack package of either cheese or peanut butter crackers. Your vitals are taken a couple of times, and then it's into a wheel chair. You are whisked off to the PT area where you get the (heavenly) heat pack and electrical stimulation. Then whoever is going to pick you up is just outside the door, and you are gone.

There was no time for me to get my meds there. So I had to wait until the afternoon when the shipment from there came down. Wasted day. I had plenty of meds - due to forgetting to take the afternoon meds, and being in the hospital for 5 days.

So, how was your weekend?

Peace be with you.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Boy, wish I had some Versed yesterday--just for the Cortisone shot. That damn thing hurt!!!! Felt like my leg got hit by lightening bolt, BUT--no pain today and I can walk without limping. Amazing.

Glad you had a reasonable good weekend.

flying eagle woman said...

I AGREE WITH JUDEMILLER - THE CORTISONE SHOTS ARE TRAUMATIC...
I've missed you - it's just been that kind of year ALREADY...glad I stopped by, spent some time catching - you are one strong and amazing woman!
HUGS,
Shawna