Monday, March 15, 2010

It was all good




I had the customary Sunday night dinner at my house - again. I wasn't really happy about it, but what I planned to eat was simple, simple! The roast simmered on the stove for 2 1/2 hours, the potatoes then went in and cooked for 40 minutes, and the leeks then went in for 20. There was a little time making the gravy, but it was minimal. The house was clean - I finally feel like keeping it.

The children were all happy last night! There wasn't one time anyone cr
ied! So I was able to snag this picture of the crew. From left to right: Doodle Bug, Lady Bug, Monkey Boy, and Wiggle Worm. I was going tom upload a picture of Lady Bug alone. She came in an outfit straight from the 60's flower child time. Her dad bought it for her when he had traveled to the capital city here. It would fit perfectly for the old show Laugh In. You can actually see her socks in the photo. Oh my!

The massage that the PT gave me has done wonders. My knee is more loose than ever. It doesn't pull when I sit. I feel guilty that I haven't done the exercises here at home, but I really don't remember them. Hopefully I will be more alert tomorrow than I was Friday! I was so out of it. I never fall asleep like I did with that wonderful heat pack on me.

The weather here is really nice. I can see that we will most likely have another hot, hot summer. I guess that's the trend now - hot, hot summers and cold, cold winters. Oh, well. Hope your weather is good today.

Peace be with you.




4 comments:

Judy said...

The kids are adorable and glad that PT helped. It does do some good, but it only seems to last a day for me. Unfortunately, I don't do my exercises at home either--maybe if I did, I'd get better faster? I am a lazy person by nature.

Jeanette said...

Love the picture. How cute your grandchildren are!

Grandma K said...

Thank you, thank you! I love all compliments about those kiddos. I was amazed that I could get that picture on the second try. Photographing children with two under the age of three is definitely like herding cats!

Susan Adcox said...

Your grandchildren are precious! You are so right that photographing more than one grandchild at a time can be challenging. I have a total of seven, and I don't have a single photo where all seven of them have their eyes open and no one is putting rabbit ears on someone else!