Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Frustration

So my lab work was on the 14th.  The results STILL are not posted - so I called the oncologist's office.  I waited until today because he is only in the office on Tuesdays.  I didn't want to play phone tag again.

Guess what - I got the same recorded message I usually get.  Talk about disgusted.  I really am ready to change oncologists.  If he wants to be a part-time doctor good, but I want a full time one.

To cut to the chase, two hours later they called me back.  The CA-125 is high and "indicates" ovarian cancer and I am to have it removed.  I wanted to vomit.  So, like a normal person these days I resorted to the internet.  Mine is 229.9.  There were people posting who had values in the thousands that didn't have cancer.  There were also people under 100 who did.  So it is still a crap shoot.

My appointment with the GYN is tomorrow morning.  Finally.  I really believe this thing is what is causing my extreme back pain.  From reading, they can.  If that is the case I can't wait to have it removed ASAP!  Couple that back pain on the right with arthritis that means I should have a shoulder replacement on the right - sleeping is a problem.

So tomorrow hopefully more answers.  But I really am seriously thinking about a new oncologist.  I have my eye injection tomorrow and the oncologist/hematologist G is now seeing (because my oncologist/hematologist that he WAS seeing couldn't be reached when he had his DVT and was in the hospital) is right around the corner from the Retinal office.  I am going to talk to them in person.



2 comments:

Judy said...

Just have a total hysterectomy and you will never have to worry about ovarian or uterine cancer again!!!!

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm reading backwards and just now seeing this..I suggest another fecking doctor..sigh*