Thursday, September 13, 2018

And the urologist said

He showed me the CT.  Yes - I have a cyst.  Looks to be fluid filled.  Now sit down for this part because I almost fell off the chair.  The thing is 16 cm.  That is about 6 1/2 inches.

G asked when I had my last pelvic.  It was a while.  I know - that's bad.  But I just procrastinated.

Now the urologist said since it wasn't solid, that is good.  He can't say for sure, but because it isn't solid it probably isn't cancer.

My OB/GYN is retiring at the end of the year, and his office staff are horrible.  So I decided I would go to a new one.  I didn't want to fight with the old ones to get in ASAP.  So I called one highly recommended - who is close to being a neighbor!  I see him next Wednesday.  I told them all the specifics including (since I made sure he is in the same hospital setting) the CT being done. 

Doing further research on postmenopausal ovarian cysts - doing the blood test is normal.  It doesn't necessarily mean there is cancer even though this shows the cancer antibodies that would be produced.  So that part is normal.

So we will see.  I know there is a surgery in my near future.  Labs tomorrow - results hopefully by Wednesday!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

YAY to it only being a cyst!
UGH to surgery.
I think as long as they are "in there", I'd just have a total hysterectomy and remove everything. Then, no more worries.