Saturday, November 29, 2014

I AM READY TO GO HOME

More than ready. Even though I think I have solved the internet problem (sort of) I am so ready to go home. Yes this is really a second home, but... The kids left this morning. That is a mixed blessing. Like fish, even the most loved ones - those with whom you spend a lot of time anyway - like fish, begin to smell after three days. In this little house in the Texas Hill Country, four adults, three children, three dogs, and a cat begin to have a little too close relationship. As much as I love them, I was ready yesterday which was the fourth day. Today- they have been gone two hours and I miss the devil out of them. I am really going stir crazy. Everyone else got out of the house for at least half of the day going hunting. I was here all day, all night every day. I. Want. To. Go. Home. I told G last night there will be no more two week stints here for me. This is about to kill me. Sorry for the rant. I have to get it off my chest. At least one of our hunters and his brother are here. That will give us someone new to talk to this afternoon and tonight. I just have to count the days (hours) until we leave. Today will probably be about the worst. Tomorrow is laundry day - again. And it will be DEEP vacuuming - three boxers shed a lot of hair! I know one of the reasons I was ready for them to leave is Karrington (the youngest - at 7) arrived with lice -again. They are going around her school like crazy. So that meant after treating her hair, my daughter spend hours several times a day "picking nits." It also meant she washed and washed clothing and the like. My washer doesn't get used that much in six months. I was worried about the septic system - it is a small one, but I guess it's ok. I don't think it is going to overflow or something equally horrble. So - thanks for reading/listening. I feel better, andis about 48 more hours we will be on our way home.

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

I get antsy to be at home after 4 hours..

Sally said...

Well, bless you, I can totally understand wanting to be HOME! Talking about the hair business, it's happened here also and it ain't no fun! Not so far this school year, but now as soon as I say that, it will happen.

Take care, and keep thinking of home.
xoxo