Thursday, November 06, 2014

Change in plans and change in browser

Originally, Katie wasn't going to play in the tournament in the Dallas area this weekend.  After last weekend when she got elbowed, she wasn't too eager to get back out there,  And her mom didn't want to do the drive to Dallas.

That all changed last night.  They (the coaches) convinced her to play.  This is a tournament more like Junior Olympics.  But then anything could be better than the past weekend!  It was a mess.

So Krissi called me this morning and asked me to tag along.  Of course!  So we will be heading out early tomorrow morning to get on the road ahead of the traffic.  And her first game is something like 11:30,  So early morning.


I have changed browsers especially when I blog or want to write something to Facebook.  I loved Firefox, but it would hang up for several minutes while I was trying to post here.  At first I thought perhaps I had gotten some strange virus.  But when I came over to Chrome, I have no problem.  So bye-bye Firefox - at least when I want to type in more than two words!  All my addresses are saved over there on Firefox along with passwords, but slowly but surely I can see a total move taking place soon.


Yesterday I spent a good part of the afternoon trying to organize all the ribbons I bought from the Beg, Barter etc site.  I just wish I had taken all of my ribbons.  Several are stored on the coat hangers you get from the dry cleaner that have the cardboard tube for hanging pants.  That tube generally fits the hole in the spool of ribbon.  Well  - perhaps someday.

I started a really cute skirt for Karriington.  I used my serger for the very first time and I have owned it for something like 7 years.  I couldn't get the bottom looper threaded.  So a couple of years ago, I took it to my sewing center to have them do it.  I don't want it to become unthreaded again!!!

But I am finding that the serger only works for part of it.  I still have to use my machine.  Today will be the hard part of sewing it.  It is the ruffles!  Not necessarily easy, but gonna try!

Catch ya' later.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Oh, I wish Katie a lot of luck tomorrow, and I'm sure you'll enjoy going!

I don't even know what a serger is; you're way ahead of me especially since I can barely mend something.

Enjoy the day tomorrow! :)

Sally said...

And, I' so glad you got your computer running easier. :)

Judy said...

I changed to Google Chrome two years ago, on the advice from my then 11 year old grandson. Everything seems to work so much smoother. I like it really well.

Marti said...

Neat! Shoot me an email if you want to meet and I'll drive up there. I do have something Saturday, right smack dab in the middle of the day, but I can work around it I'm sure.

Marti said...

Definitely next time. I didn't see your post until late either.