Monday, October 08, 2012

October 2012 Travelogue Days 1-2

Leaving Swampland was very uneventful. We were away by ten, and the trip was very uneventful.  We traveled through all of Louisiana to out destination of Natchez.  I was really amazed - and not much in travel really amazed me these days -  when we hit the Mississippi River.  Louisiana is flat.  Let's face it - it is.  Along with most of east Texas.  There was Natchez up on a hill in front of us!  Wow.  What a change.

We stayed right there on the bank of the river.  It was ok.  If you can take all the snoring from someone - no names listed.  And that's another whole story.  Anyway, 8 am came really early!!  I mean really!

From there we hit the Natchez Trace.   Really pretty, but ...  Let's face it - it is basically a forest broken by some fields that have had hay harvested from them.  It is a 50 mph speed limit.  I do like that, and the Highlander loves it.  The mileage computer just going up and up.  We ended at 28.3.

We arrived here in Tupelo - at rush hour.  We had no clue where we were going.  I thought about using the car's navigation system, but we (I) have never had much luck with that, so I turned to my phone.  That was even through the driver said it wasn't necessary.  Oh. Yes. It. Was.  I was not going to listen to the rants and raves about not knowing where to turn.  We got here with only one turn because between the rudimentary map posted by the hotel on their site, and the confusing last part of my navigation system, we turned into the wrong driveway.

Would I get blamed for mis-turns?  You betcha skippy.  The Trace was closed for a section.  The ranting was where do we go - where are the signs and on and on.  I made the suggestion that we stay on the main highway we had been routed on.  NO - we should be here.  Guess what. Nope.  We were routed right  back onto that highway.

As we went on - there were big, lighted signs with the way to go to get back.  He. Never.  Listens.  Or.  Believes. What. I. Say.  And he will argue to the death with me over it.  I just quietly gloat!

So tomorrow - back on the Trace - to Crossville, Tennessee.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Kind of sounds like my husband and I when we travel together! Nevertheless, we love road trips! Have a wonderful time!

Judy said...

Crossville, TN--a nice town--I like Livingston, TN even better. Have a nice trip.

yellowdoggranny said...

heading into some beautiful country.