Saturday, April 23, 2011

I guess ...

One thing that must come with having cancer is when it will come again and in what place it is going to come back or originate. You see that's the wonderful thing about that disease - it can metastasize from the original or it could be a completely new one.

I have been feeling really good that here I am at 4 1/2 years of being "cancer free" or at least it seems that way. Every 6 months I go to the oncologist and get that magic number from my blood test that measures something that indicates cancer might be present.

I went to the dentist for a cleaning on Tuesday. I am to take antibiotics before any dental work so that I don't get an infection in any of my replacement parts. I hate to take them. Within 30 minutes I feel like my upper GI is on fire. It is so painful, and I keep experimenting with how is the best method.

Well, I forgot on Tuesday. Had I been smart, I would have lied, and said that I sure did. The dentist's office have them there. And instead of just two pills, I got four - with the same side effects that were made worse by having my head tilted toward the floor.

We went to lunch with Son's family. Bar B Que. Great. I took my bottle of indigestion pills with me. I was suffering big time.

Now so what do these two stories have in common. My bouts with indigestion. And now my upper GI still feels funny. I have wondered for a while if there might be esophageal cancer in there. Now if I were a brave person, I would get to the GI doc. I know I should, but then everything goes away. I know that weight can cause reflux. Well - that I've got. I am supposed to make an appointment in July for a colonoscopy. I will tell the doc how I am feeling then.

I really think I am being silly. But such is the life of a cancer patient - even survivor. Every twinge makes you believe that it's back. Thanks for listening. That helps.

Peace be with you.

4 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

candle lit..prayer sent..chin up tits out.

JuJu said...

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed and saying all sorts of prayers that it's just real bad indigestion. GERD. Or such.

I'm sorry you are feeling scared and I'm sorry that cancer can cause such scary emotions.

I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you. xxx

Marti said...

{{{K}}} I wish you would reconsider and make an appointment NOW. Better to know everything is ok than to stew about it for 3 months. I'm praying for you.

Judy said...

Does Prilosec help with the burning? I take an Omeprazole pill every morning for GERD. Let's just assume that it is nothing and get it checked out when you have your colonoscopy.