Friday, April 22, 2011

Habit

I have forgotten how long it takes to quit an activity that has become a habit. When it comes to the bad habits I have - it seems like I can never lose that thing. Try as I will, I fall back into that activity. Thank Goodness I never developed the smoking habit. I know how hard that one is to break. I only know of a few folks who have been totally successful.

Blogging each day had become a habit. I found myself always thinking of topics. It wasn't too unlike when I would talk to my dad on the phone every Saturday at 5. That was another habit, and all during the week I would try to remember something that had occurred that week to "tell Daddy." It's been a few years now, and I still find myself thinking about remembering something to "tell Daddy when I talk to him."

Now the blog IS on my mind a lot. I am always running topics by that might be developed into something interesting. I know, I know - I am still looking for those "interesting" topics! But I keep trying. Usually when I come in to write, they vanish like the money in my pocket!

It is interesting that in just ten days without an internet connection, I have lost my habit.

I really believe one reason is that I can't remember anything. When I think I would certainly remember something, I don't. Days of the month mean nothing anymore. Hours of the day can slip by before I know it. I am happy as a pig wallowing here in the non-existent time zone. I am happily ignorant. I do keep my day runner close by though. So far I haven't missed an appointment.

I will set my mind to being more aware. I miss being here. So until I once again have to depend on my "hot spot" cell phone, I'll be here.

Peace be with you.




3 comments:

flying eagle woman said...

OMG I so KNOW what you're talking about here! It's a miserable thing when you have a topic in your mind that you just KNOW would be an enthralling read and then finally have time to sit down and WRITE about it...GONE...well, sigh...just know you're not alone my friend! EVER!
Have a great weekend:-)
Smiles/Hugs
Shawna

Jeanette said...

Yeah, I'm always thinking about topics to blog about, too! It amazes me how some things can become a habit so fast, like eating ice cream every night and other things like exercising take forever if at all to become habits!

Susan adcox said...

That day runner is a great place to jot down blogging ideas.