Wednesday, April 06, 2011

I am so excited

I am going to meet my best friend in Jr High to high school sophomore in high school this weekend. She found me in one of the school things and emailed me. She is the fourth to do so. But she is the only one who is going to get together with me.

I am just so excited, and at the same time nervous. Let's face it - I am not the same girl physically that I was then. I just know she will be thinking "how did she let herself go like this."

Well, blame it on me being addicted to food. I was vindicated on the news yesterday - as if I didn't know it. I really have felt that addiction. But that's for another time, and I am just running down a new rabbit hole to start on that topic.

She is going to be close to the SSB this weekend, so we are going to meet in town. I would love to have her come to the house, but I warned her about the roads (and lack of same). She elected to pass on the roads. I think I would have loved them to stay the night, but reality is staring at me around the corner. What if we no longer have things in common.

We do have children - she has one, I have two. She has grandchildren - 2, I have 5. I think we will have something in common.

She is the one that didn't make what is now called the Pep Squad. At my high school, they would allow a few sophomores to be in it. I made it - she didn't. That spring, her parents bought a house in another school district. I think they were waiting to see if D made it. Since she didn't, they moved to another part of town.

We kept up a little, and then G and I moved to Swampland. That was the end of a lot of my friendships. But I will see one this weekend! I am so thrilled!

3 comments:

JuJu said...

Oh what fun. I'm sure the two of you will fall into easy conversation and the time will fly by. (just as I imagine the years between seeing each other have?)

Have a marvelous time. I can't wait to hear about your meeting!!

Marti said...

Don't worry about changing. She has changed too, and if she is the friend you knew, she won't care a bit. Bring your yearbook or album, and you'll have tons to talk about. I met up with 3 of my high school buds this weekend and we had a blast. Have fun!

Susan Adcox said...

I would so love to reconnect with my former best friend! But her family moved around a lot, and I haven't been able to locate her at all. Enjoy yourself!