Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sigh

I am thankful that Thanksgiving is over. I spent four days getting ready to move the feast 5 hours away, and now four days recuperating from it. When you total up the time we were together, the sum is on the positive side.


When you take six adults, two children and two dogs and place them in a 1700 square foot house, there can be good and bad, and that’s what happened. There was good, and there was bad. We laughed and got along, and we rubbed on each other’s last nerve.

Now we are getting ready to do it again for New Year’s Eve, only lets add another five adults and four children, and that includes the new born twins. At least that addition will only be for an evening. It should be fun - no, really it does!

Thanksgiving also brought news that I am not allowed or ready to share. It is bittersweet, and I haven’t come to terms with it yet. It is something that really should be beautiful, but it was unintended, and was easily prevented. Procrastination caused it. I am working to be happier, but at the same time, it doesn’t directly effect my life.

I hope after all the dishes were done, and all the turkey has been consumed, you can say that your Thanksgiving, when added up, had the sum on the positive side.

No comments: