Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Success!!

Oh yes, in less than twenty-four hours I managed to make K angry - again. She said she would be responsible for ordering the flowers to send to my niece E following the birth of her twins. I was alright with that. K is such a penny pincher. I wanted her to be the one who decided how much we would spend. I was a little afraid that when I told her she owed me a certain amount, she would respond in such a way that she was not happy about the extravagance of the flowers. I know how much it costs to send flowers!

My best friend’s son and girl friend are having a baby this month. I wanted to send them a gift, and I wanted it to be a very nice one. D is not only my best friend, but she respected my teaching ability that she saw to it that I taught her children. I taught this son, and I care for him very much. Since I am an only child, I have adopted D as a sister, and her children are much like nieces and nephews for me.

My children wanted to be included on this gift. Sunday evening, I asked B and C how much they wanted to spend. They told me $25. OK, that’s fine. I wanted to send the stroller that was put on the registry. K found the registry. She asked me if I wanted her to go ahead and order. I was hesitant because I didn’t know what she wanted to pick out.

She was already angered by the time she spent trying to send the flowers (and by the amount it cost, I really believe). When I was hesitant, she got irritated. She cut the call very short. I called her back and assured her I would take care of the baby gift.


Later she called. We were on the same page basically. She was looking at the stroller or the bassinet. To put an end to this story, I am sending the stroller. The amount I owed on the flowers will be put to the stroller, I will get the $25 from B and C, and we are all even. More than that, we are speaking - in a normal tone - again
.

No comments: