Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Quiet Halloween

I cannot believe how quiet our Halloween was. I believe since it came so quickly on the heels of the time change, that made it even quieter.

I have not given out candy in several years. Part of the problem was that when you teach middle school right in the middle of your neighborhood, you may not want to open the door to some of your students.

More than that, I really am not fond of opening my door to five foot ten men with masks on. My own children were often upset with me when I refused to let them trick or treat after they reached middle school age. I am a firm believer that trick or treat is for the little ones.

I turned on my light last night. I was prepared for several children, but after an hour and a half, only two little ones made an appearance. At seven, I grew tired of waiting, and turned off the light.

I didn’t get any tricks either. I think the older ones were simply too tired after having their sleep patterns disturbed for three days!

No comments: