Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Hnmmmmm.

I am a little conflicted about writing about this, but then when have I been known to really keep my mouth shut?

Last weekend I THOUGHT Katie was going on a recruiting trip to UCSB (Santa Barbara). At least that's the way her father pushed it - and he "never elaborates" on anything. (Smirk).

They were going to be gone from Thursday evening to Sunday evening.  Usually, they ask me to keep the remaining children - whoever that might be.  That is until last fall when they went to Cabo with some friends who were going on a honeymoon (that was six months after they got married ?!?!?!?).  They went for a long (childless) weekend and left all three kids at home with Katie in charge.

I wasn't happy about this - at all.  I know she is mature.  I know she is capable.  I am very aware of the fact we live in a very safe neighborhood  - actually a small city with our own police force.  And I know they are close to all of their neighbors.  BUT STILL.

So I guess when this leech couple, who wants to monopolize their total time to the exclusion of other friends, had them over, it was decided THEY would keep the children who weren't going to California. 

G does not trust the man.  He thinks he is a pervert.  And for good reason.  This man and first wife are divorced.  They have a daughter who is now 17.  She came back to live with him for a while.  She now refuses to have anything to do with him.  Frankly, the man is a functioning alcoholic.  He is a total paranoid gun toter.  He brags about carrying in the car and has said he would use said pistol if he were cut off, etc.  His home is a fortress of alarms and cameras.  Now - I know there is a reason for this thinking - if you live in a dangerous area or out in the wilds.  We have a pistol - that is most usable at the SSB.  We don't carry it everywhere we go.

So the kids were with them.  When we had family dinner, my daughter was not a happy camper.  It seems they had let my grandson go back to the house to get his game console.  He is not to be on that thing.  He is addicted to it.  AND they took him to Target - to buy a new game.  They also let the youngest spend $30 "on school supplies."  The school year only has 8 more weeks.

So I sad there.  Smug.  I. Am. Terrible.   I can't believe I can be so vindictive.  SIL has a man crush on this guy. SIL always embellishes on everything.  This guy feels into it - all of it.  So they are besties.  The trip to Cabo was SIL's idea.  He went once on business.  He thought it was just fabulous.  He couldn't get my daughter to go another way - so ...  And the trip was a flop. Daughter was not impressed with Cabo and got really tired of this buddy. 

Some lessons are hard to learn.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I'm right there with ya!
I don't say, "I told you so", but I sure think it and, it sort of warms the cockles of my heart. LOL