Thursday, January 05, 2012

Yes, we are back from the edge of the world.

And we hit the place running.  It seems like I haven't slowed down since we came home.  But then, when you are 8 or 9 days without internet, and you do a lot on the internet - it takes a while to go though it all.

All is on for the new baby arrival next week.  DIL went to the OB yesterday.  All is in place, and her body, as usual, has done nothing to be ready to deliver this third baby.  She is still clamped tight.  Well the good doc will take care of that!

My step-granddaughter is pregnant.  That was a shock to say the least.  I worry about this relationship.  She is a nutzo, or at least had been.  She and the father have only been together five months.  Guess how far along she is.  Right - 5 months.  Due in May.

He had been engaged before they met.  I could smell "rebound."  They have moved to Alabama now.  There is no support system in place for them.

But according to Daughter (the new grandmother), SGD has grown up a lot.  She is more mature, and seemingly less needy.  The dad wants to marry her - now, but she doesn't want to be hugely pregnant when she gets married.  What?  She wants her daughter to be flower girl?  Sorry - ugly!  Just slipped out.

Anyway, they made the big move on Sunday.  Seems like things are going well.  There are still a lot or worries in everyone's mind, but they seem like they plan to make things work.

I hope so.

Since I haven't been here to say it - Happy New Year.  Ours was incredibly quiet.  We were in bed fast asleep by 11.  We lead such an exciting life.

I am working pretty diligently trying to get a Women's Group going at church.  We really need one.  But our plans probably have been changed for the first meeting, and I have to call my partner in crime on this.  Our Pastor was supposed to announce the first meeting on Sunday, but I don't think he did.  I am a little ticked about that!!

So - off to call my co-conspirator, and then draft the email to send out to all the women!

Peace.

3 comments:

JuJu said...

So, this baby will make you a Step Great Grandma? That's a lot of generations in so few years! I will hope for them. Having a baby, while glorious, is the hardest thing ever.

Whew!

I hope you gave the pastor what for about forgetting to announce your meeting!

Happy 2012! I missed you!

Jeanette said...

Welcome back to cyber world! Hopefully things work out for your SGD for the baby's sake!

yellowdoggranny said...

I think it's all a crap shoot..I've seen people that were engaged for 3 years..thought everything was perfect..got divorced 3 months later..so? who's to know..good luck to them anyhow.