Monday, January 09, 2012

Time warp

I must have stepped into a time warp.  Where did those other days go?  I really thought I had been here since the last post.  Oh well - it's hell to get old.

In an old category - weather.  It seems it is either feast or famine around here.  We went through the summer, well most of the year, with almost no rain.  We didn't even get a tropical storm.  Today we are getting flooding rains, and the news people are out standing in the flood waters - through all the regular programming too.

You know, I really don't mind the flooding rain except that my kids have to be out in it to work.  Both don't have jobs that are in an office.  Daughter has accounts (mostly corner stores) to see, and Son works for the telephone company.  I told Daughter this morning this is when retirement is really wonderful  At the first clap of thunder this morning, I was able to just roll over to go back to sleep!!

The weekend was rather uneventful with the exception of having to host family dinner.  Five grandchildren aged from 2 - 11 is really too many!!  The toys migrate their ways into the den, and then not a single kid has played with them.  Ha!  I told one of them that I don't play with them, so I shouldn't have to pick them up.  Perhaps I should just get rid of the toys.  Went over like - well you fill that in!

Thursday we will add grandchild #6.  DIL will go in for her C-section.  The other day she remarked on Facebook that she is anxious to find out what it is.  I wanted to be a smart-a** and tell her that technology will do that these days.  It is called "ultrasound," and she has had several!  I didn't.  I didn't know what her mood was at the time.  Pregnant women can be awfully hormonal!

Step-granddaughter has me wondering again.  She needs $$$$ to fly back to SA.  There is a legal problem she must attend to, and I can't help but wonder if she isn't using her dad and step mom.  She's done it before - many times.  And what do they say about leopards?  Yea.  We'll see, and I will hope for the best.

Peace.

4 comments:

JuJu said...

Another grandchild on the way, congrats!! That means more toys in your family room. :-)

I heard the weather reports this morning and thought of you. It certainly is a feast or famine situation for you!

yellowdoggranny said...

we're getting rain, but it's the great soaker kind...think we got under 2 inches so far..along with the 6 inches in December we're starting to put a dent in our drought.

Marti said...

I sure enjoyed rolling over and going back to sleep too. I did feel sorry for Hubby and Brownie who both had to roll out and drive in the predawn rain.

Congratulations on the new grandbaby. Having 6 running around at dinner will make the 5 this weekend seem tame.

I feel for you on the step granddaughter.

Marti said...

Just another comment to reply to your comment on my blog. Did you download the AVG removal tool? I couldn't update AVG one time and had to download the tool, remove it, and then start over. For some reason I can't download Microsoft Essentials anymore. What anti-virus do you use now if not AVG?