Thursday, February 10, 2011

Here and there

I would first like to thank those of you who live north of Texas for sending us an ample sample of your winter. It has been freezing here for three more days, and I, for one, don't like it! You can take the sample back just anytime you want.

Second here on my list is retirement. I don't know who came and took away the old G, but you can keep him. I like this version a lot better. He has been more than helpful, and his mood is always good.
Knock on wood or whatever else brings luck. This is seeming to be working out.

I went to the pain docs the other day. I am still having back pain that they believe is muscular right now. Actually, the muscle relaxers they prescribed last month and have continued work for the most part. It is hard for your back to be hurting when you fall asleep as soon as you sit still for 10 minutes. This is terrible.

This morning I wanted to go to the sewing club. So I got up around 8. I stumbled in to get my cereal. I sat down to watch Martha Stewart (I need that motivation to kill my ego even more, like when she talks about how she cleans this and that then turns out a seven course dinner for 50). Martha was on and then it was time for The View, and I was fast asleep where I sat. I came in here to finish up reading you guys and check my mail. That was at 4. It is now six. I have been asleep that long sitting in this chair.

G was kidding me (I think) he was worried about me driving anywhere. He was afraid I was going to fall asleep while driving. I don't think that is going to happen, but to fall asleep in this office chair is a bit scary.

Peace and good sleeping be with you.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Did you miss your sewing club? I hope those muscle relaxers help and you can get off them soon. But if you have to have sleepy days, this is the weather for it.

yellowdoggranny said...

I never fall into a nap when the news is on, or something i don't want to see..noooo, I fall into a nap during letterman, my soaps, grays anatomy. sigh*

Susan Adcox said...

Be careful about driving on those meds! Since G has been so helpful, just have him drive you.