Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Waiting game

I feel this whole ordeal is a waiting game. Part of it is my fault. I made the decision to spent the first week post partial diagnosis at the SSB. I wanted G to be able to hunt that week. I made it to the surgeon the next day we were in town, and I had the biopsy exactly one week later. I got the diagnosis on Thursday of that same week.

So here we are almost a month later, and no treatment has begun. The hospital did not call when they should have, then scheduled me three days later. Today they called and I have to wait for another day because they have to calibrate the camera. Why could that have not been done before?

The oncologist appointment was made for Friday, but that has to be postponed until Monday so they have the results of the scan. Between you and me, I don’t think the results will be at the oncologist’s office.


The oncologist my surgeon really wanted me to see is too busy, so I have to see another in that group. I am a little sad about that, but I know the surgeon thinks they are all good, but he really preferred the one. I called his office to keep them up to speed.


Perhaps I will be getting treatment by July!

No comments: