Friday, February 10, 2006

Squeak

I guess being a squeaky wheel is a good thing at times. I sent the letter about how poorly the funeral service was to the mortuary. I requested more than $500 to be returned to me. As the days went on, I was afraid that I would have to take my situation further. In the original letter, I was going to contact everyone from the Texas Funeral Commission to the Attorney General’s office. G suggested that I not saber rattle at the beginning. I should save the big guns for later if I needed them. I was getting ready to write another letter with all the "cc’s" included.
Day before yesterday the phone rang. It was the General Manager for the mortuary. He told me he reviewed all my claims, and that I certainly should be reimbursed for those services that were paid for but not delivered. I further indicated that he would be finding out why the obituary was not published. Well, it’s all water under the bridge now and things can’t be undone. I just hope that the same things never happen to another family.
Yesterday I got a notice of a certified letter left in the mail box. Initially that got my goat because I was here. I believe the carrier was too lazy to get out of his truck to come to the door. So this morning I went to the Post Office to get the letter. My original thought was to put the notice back in the mail box and make him deliver it, but I didn’t. The letter was the death certificates. Apparently the General Manager called the mortuary here to have them delivered straight to me, without them going to San Antonio. Well, at least they are here. More importantly, I don’t have to deal with that San Antonio mortuary again - that is unless I don’t get my refund in a couple of weeks!

No comments: