Monday, April 30, 2012

What a blah day

Of course, one of the things that is making this day even more blah is the fact that for some reason, I cannot sleep at night.  If I fall asleep ok, then I wake about 3, and I am not able to go back to sleep.  Last night I wasn't able to fall asleep until after 2:30.

I resorted to sitting with the little bitty laptop that is devoted to my embroidery designs to do the mind-numbing changing of file formats on a lot of the files so that they are usable on my machine.  This usually has me fall asleep in a short time.  Not last night - I sat for hours.

The highlight was the pedicure, and then lunch at a little Italian place where we usually just order pizza to be delivered.  They had a noon buffet that looked absolutely wonderful, but with what may be some health problems, I am being very cautious about my foods these days.  Of course, it goes without saying that I have to get this weight off, but there are some other things that are coming up.  I don't know if the skew in the blood work was just transitory, or a real problem, but I am making some changes.  A long way to say that I had a spinach salad instead of pasta, pasta, pasta, and pizza!!

The Toyota had a recall on it, so G, in his infinite wisdom, decided we would take it in today.  Then he decided it was grocery store day.  Not. My. Idea. Of. A. Fun. Monday.  This is especially true since I have to go to my workroom to move almost everything because they are coming to do the Spring service on the ACs.  I don't know why I decided to make THAT room my workroom.  In our re-done attic that is now two bedrooms (workrooms now) and a bath, the one I chose had all the access doors to the units.  Bleh.

So now - we go back to get the Toyota -  and I am still not in the workroom to move "stuff."

Peace.

2 comments:

JuJu said...

Groceries on Monday should be illegal.

Well done on the food choices! Although, pasta really is so much more fun.

I hope you get some sleep tonight. Have you ever tried audio books? They are very relaxing.

Marti said...

What willpower! It would be really hard for me to take salad over pizza. But you are smart to put your health first. I need to shed quite a few pounds and just can't seem to make the effort.

I've got a recall on my car too and keep putting that off too.