Thursday, November 03, 2011

Guess it's that time of year

Who took the last seven days?  I was just here, and now seven days or so has passed.  Who took them?

I have been a sewing fiend - that part is true.  If I had  not left my camera at the SSB, I could chronicle some of that, but - that camera is sitting on the love seat up there.  So, you just have to take my word for it.

We just this minute returned from Austin where G probated his mother's will.  It was a simple process - taking less than an hour, but it involved driving there, staying overnight and all.

I rode along because SIL has been telling me about an outlet store for the hideously expensive shoes that fit my feet well.  She gets hers there.  So, I was going to use this trip for that.  Guess what!  We were ready to go in at 10:35.  They opened at 11.  There was nothing to do to waste that time, so we hit the road.  

No shoes and a $32 dog boarding fee.  That stinks!

On the trip back, Daughter called.  Our current pastor send them an email that our previous pastor (who confirmed and performed the marriages for both kids, baptized one grandchild and is a good personal friend) has pancreatic cancer.

That is why I am taking the time to post - other than I needed to.  I came home to check my email, and we have one too.  It doesn't sound good.  He is in the hospital now - can't have visitors.  So I don't know how bad this really is.  If you are the praying sort, I know he could use all the prayers offered up.

So - I guess I better unpack and change clothes.  Before I do that - I have to admit these one day trips are killing me.  I don't pack well for them.  In the case of MIL's funeral and this trip - I neglected to pack sleeping togs. This trip - and it is embarrassing -  I forgot underwear.  The old brain is going!  I am used to having most of what I need already in place - like at the SSB.

Oh well, peace be with you.

3 comments:

Judy said...

I think my mind is going too. Somedays I just feel so foggy!

JuJu said...

I love thinking of you going "Commando" for a day.

I am so sorry for the news of your pastor. My father had pancreatic cancer, it was very sad. I will send up some good thoughts for him and all who love him.

yellowdoggranny said...

I found my tv guide in the refrigerator..sigh*...top that.
candles lit and prayers sent for your pastor.