Monday, November 14, 2011

To complete the weekend

We were to have dinner at Son's and DIL's last night.  I was excited about it - it was a chance for this part of the family to all get together for an early Thanksgiving dinner.  

Well, after church, we went to our favorite local Mexican food restaurant.  I got my usual - knowing I would have half of it for lunch today.  I felt full from breakfast but attributed that to the excitement of the weekend.

At church, during the congregational meeting, we, the women, felt we had been given the right to form our women's Saturday small group.  Don't get me wrong, our Pastor is great, but he has been narrow minded about this for a while.  So we were very excited.  

When I get really excited about something, I don't have an appetite.  So I thought this was just a normal thing.  

I was getting full really fast at lunch.  The restaurant had already kept half of my meal in the back to box it up, so I certainly didn't over eat, but I was so full I was miserable.

We got home and had to empty out the old Pontiac.  We were giving it to a family in the neighborhood who was really down on their luck and working so hard to get back.  Their other car had just been repossessed, and the man didn't have a way of getting to and from work.  So as I was trying to get everything out of the trunk, I was even more miserable.

That misery got worse.  By the time we were to leave for dinner, I had lost lunch.  I guess I should have stayed home, but I wanted to see all the grandkids together.  

DIL made a wonderful meal - I guess.  I didn't eat.  I came home and went to bed.  Today is much better.  

I guess my old system just can't take so much excitement anymore.

Peace.



3 comments:

JuJu said...

Oh no! I'm sorry your tummy wasn't cooperating with your weekend plans. I hope you are feeling better today!

And, your friends are so lucky to have a person like you to think of them in their time of need.

yellowdoggranny said...

oh man..that's terrible..hope your feeling better.

Marti said...

That sounds awful. I thought you were going to end with a trip to the ER. Glad you are better today.