Wednesday, November 16, 2011

So good with technology

NOT!!!  At least not any longer.  When I was an active duty teacher, I was a whiz.  I was the one who my colleagues would call to fix their a/v stuff and consult with about the computers.

Now?  Now I am lucky to get on line.  I have been left in the dust.  If something goes awry with this little gem, I am up the proverbial creek without that blasted paddle.

So now I am the one talking about getting a sling box to go on the cable box here, installing internet at the SSB, putting in two new routers, buying a computer for the SSB, and slinging my tv signal from here to there thus getting rid of the satellite (which has gone up yet again).  Have I lost my everlovin' mind?  I do believe so.

So now we bought a new vehicle that does everything but drive us to out destination while we party in the back.  It has taken me this week of reading and trying to find out how things work.

With my points from my credit card, I got a Blue Tooth a few years ago.  My son helped me to get it to work.  It did a good job, but the battery died.  It, of course in this age of disposable everything, cannot have a new battery put in.  Here in Swampland, if we are on the phone in a school zone - it is a huge fine.  Therefore - must have hands free.  I know you are asking what this has to do with the new vehicle.  Simple!

I have Blue Tooth in the new vehicle.  What does that have to do with my techlessness (love that non-word)?  I got it to work today!


There is hope, there is hope, there is hope!

Peace.

4 comments:

Marti said...

Wow, I am so impressed. You lost me at sling box. Thank you for the nice compliment and I'm going to return it by saying I am so impressed at your technology level. Good for you!

JuJu said...

Grandma, you are MILES ahead of me. I have hands free in my car of three years and I am YET to make it happen. You go girl!!

yellowdoggranny said...

my alarm clock radio got kilt when dexter got into a fight with the cord and jerked it to the floor and it broke..so for my birthday anissa got me this great little alarm that is digital and runs on batteries..it flashes lights from red to blue to purple to green and has marching music..except I can't set the damn thing..if it doesn't have a carburetor? I can't work it.

Cheyenne said...

I buy technical things to use and never get them to work and somehow they are forgotten. I have been wanting to get a router for this thing (so I did) and then make things wireless...I have the stuff to do it, but not the oomph or time to follow through. IHope for me? No, I am hopeless.