Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another job I don't want to do

Getting this laptop was probably one of the worst things that could have happened. This little gem allows me to sit at the breakfast room table and watch cable shows while I do my computer stuff. Otherwise I would be in the "study" with the little battery/power cord portible tv that will be obsolete in a new months since it recently got a reprieve!

For most normal people that wouldn't be a problem at all. OK you use a computer at the table instead of the (old, slow) CPU in the room for it. Yep, for normal people, no problem at all. But if we have a room that is not being used, it is all too easy to become a catch all for "things that I don't want to deal with at the moment.." That moment has been going on for years now. Time flies, don't you know.

So what this means is that everything we want to keep the grandchildren out of are in there. Papers that I need to file are in there. The clear spot is the bed that resides in there. G will move there on the nights before he has to work to escape the two snorers in the master. He gets it stereo - me and the dog.

Before I go on, he is not innocent! He does his share of snoring too. I can't sleep in the study bed however because it doesn't support me well enough. I end up on the sofa in the den!

But I digress. G announced that he was going to work on (shudder) the income tax this weekend. These times bring great drama to the house as it is, but he has to use that computer. Right now he cannot even see that desk or the chair which is his fault because he piles things in that chair for my action. Since I never go in there except to put things on the desk, they don't get acknowledged.

But the mountain of stuff piled on the desk and threatening to leak to the floor still has to be dealt with. But I am like a three year old - I don't want to. I have three days to finish that task. Perhaps if I do as all the "organization experts" advise - set a timer for 10 minutes. That may solve my problem - ha!

Peace.

No comments: