Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Question

I don't know if I still have chemo brain, menopause brain, anesthesia brain or if I'm just flat old, and becoming demented. Apparently I can't read a calendar anymore! I know that when you age, time flies but this is getting ridiculous.

I am fully aware of the fact that today is December 17. My daughter's birthday is tomorrow. I know, at least intellectually, that her birthday is one week before Christmas. I usually try to get all my shopping done way before this, but here I sit with the realization that I still have three gifts to buy. I don't have presents for daughter, son in law, and daughter in law. These are not easy ones either!! Now add the fact that I HATE to shop and I HATE crowds, I guess I'm in a world of hurt.

I seem to have this problem with the calendar all the time now though. For the most part, I pay my bills through direct payments - either drafts or hitting the credit card. I do have to pay the pool man directly though. His bill comes about the 15th and is due on the 1st. I think there is a big chunk of time there, and before I know it the bill is past due! I'm glad he is understanding.

So now I am here with the real need to get out to get this stuff done, but I am waiting for the electrician to call (again because he "forgot" last week, and G has decided that our Christmas present this year should be new blinds (and yes, we really need them).

I had thought I would make the girls bread baskets with embroidery inserts that have the insulated batting in them. I guess I could still do that, but there is still the problem of getting the baskets! I know what S would like, but I still have to go out to get them. He loves my silicon baking sheet liners, and I was going to get him some. Same problem. Should have been ordering way before this.

I ordered Lady Bug's gift last week. One item I ordered for myself (really the house) came yesterday. I really hope hers gets here - like soon. I wasn't going to do the internet thing this year because when we are out of town, I worry about the packages piled up on the porch. That happened last year - a lot.

I suppose the answer is to really use my daytimer. I have it to remind myself of doctor's appointments. I guess I should use it daily and put reminders in it of what need to be done.

Getting old is not for the weak. The problem is that I forget that I am getting old!

Peace

No comments: