Thursday, December 18, 2008

The time has come

For the last two years, I've found excuses, one after another, for not getting rid of the clutter in my house. I could still come up with two very good ones, but the time has come to pay the piper. I am having a guy come out to measure for those new blinds.

Usually, I just don't have people come into my house. I find one excuse or another to get around that. Today, I'm sunk. He will have to move the couch to measure the windows. It hasn't been moved in two or more years. When the robot runs, it pushes more things behind it.

We have been trying to get an electrician out to run power to our little out building that was put in last year. During this time of year, we put our tender plants in it and call it a greenhouse. It doesn't happen often, but when the weather does get really cold and stays that way for a couple of days, the plants don't do well. We have to put a small heater in with them. It holds the temperature just above freezing and saves them.

The electrician finally came out today. I had asked for a plug on the back of the house so that we could have the fountain plugged into an outlet instead of using an extension cord. So safe and so lovely, you know! He looked at the back of the house, and then suggested coming from inside.

I paled at that idea. Going into my bedroom! Gads. It is a total wreck. Fortunately there is no plug on that outer wall, and when he suggested coming from the attic, I knew that was not going to be worth the money.

My problem is very simple. I hate housework. I can always find something that is so much more fun to do. I keep thinking the solution would be to get the house in shape, then have someone come in at least once a month to do the heavy stuff. That is getting to be a problem too. Ah yet another perk for getting older.

Perhaps some day I will get things done. As for now I need to tackle the Christmas tree who sits there without a single ornament on it because it decided that it would be fun not to light this year. I'm still trying to fix that. Guess the cleaning will have to wait for another day.

Peace.

No comments: