Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ugh, families

I've been thinking about yesterday's post. I know the death of a parent often brings conflict among the siblings. I was so young when my maternal grandmother died that I don't remember all the things that happened, but I know that there was great strife between my mother and one of her brothers.

What worries me now is that when G and I are gone, there will be strife between my children. I also know what will cause the most strife, and it is the same thing that is happening in G's family. It will come from in-laws. Specifically, my son-in-law will radically piss off my son (and daughter-in-law too most likely).

I don't think they will come to "blows" over anything is Swampland. It will be the little place in West Texas. SIN doesn't take care of anything there. He has left windows open when he leaves, he puts things in the burn barrel that are dangerous, he litters. These things will drive B absolutely nuts. B already gets upset with SIL.

I wish there were something I could do to stop the blow up. I know there is nothing. And I guess I really don't need to worry about it. I won't know anything about it.

Families can be great things and terrible things!

No comments: