Wednesday, October 18, 2006

So, what's new with you?

Whew, it’s been a real whirl wind time. The weekend was a busy one. S and K left before us, so they were already at SSB when we finally got there. G chose what I thought would be one of the worst routes toi get there, but since he is the diver he can go however he wants. It took us an hour longer - that means 6 hours on the road. The worst part of that is that his mood when we do arrive is less than stellar.

Things went from bad to worse. SIL and great nephew were there visiting the kids when we arrived. Then we began seeing all the things that were not right after the tile had been put in. The vertical blinds were over a bed, but worse than that was that the dishwasher will not go back into the space for it. There is no extra space allowed for the extra inch of floor. The first few minutes were not pleasant at all.

Saturday we were going to see some of the skits at the Wide Spot in the Road church, but we got there in time for dinner. We did make church on Sunday, and it was a long service. When that church was built, people were much shorter. My knees were rubbing the pew in front of me.
We did get some blissful rain up there, even though it was flooding here in swampland. We managed to only get the tail end of this.


Today I am on clear liquids only getting ready for my procedure tomorrow. I just hope the floods hold off. I surely don’t want to go through this prep (including the laxative treatment), and then not be able to get to the hospital. More than that, I hope the physician makes it to the hospital!

I just noticed they had put barricades up at both ends of one of our streets that runs along the bayou. Hmmm, I guess our city is expecting the worst. That's why I put my low slung car next to the garage and have the tank ready to go in the morning.

No comments: