Friday, October 27, 2006

A new life

Having kept the grandchildren when they were babies, I still have three baby gates. They have found a new life! They are now cat gates!

Due to my lack of technological knowledge, I am unable to link to the previous post, but at one time I wrote about Sasha, my son’s cat who I am fostering. She loves to make objects commit suicide by knocking them off the counters. Oh, how I wish I could catch her red pawed, but I can’t. So I ordered the "kitty jail" otherwise known as a cat playpen.

It works well. In fact, she comes to get into it when it’s time for bed. I think the yummy wet cat food may have something to do with that.

The problem is what happens when we are gone from home for an extended period of time. We don’t make her live in the jail. She loves to foul her water among other reasons. So she would be out while we are gone.

This is where the baby gates come into play. Our house is very open, but I can shut the door to the living room. That leaves only one other opening to the living areas of the house. That is the door way from the same hall to the den.

I found if I use the three baby gates, I can stack them so that they seal off the doorway. Then I close the door to our bedroom, the office and hall bath. Then they are in the area I intended for them - the upstairs. I close the door to the craft room (my son’s previous bedroom - he’s not coming back to live!). This works very nicely.


It’s amazing how with a little thinking "out of the box" objects can gain a new lease on life. Now if only B and C would move to a place where they could have their cats!

No comments: