Thursday, October 26, 2006

At one time, I was a very efficient packer for trips. In fact, I was so good, that I was prepared for anything we could possible encounter on our trip. Well most of the time, but that’s another story.

In our last trip to Austin for the family reunion, I almost forgot to take a change of clothes. I am so accustomed to going to the SSB that I don’t remember I don’t have a closet of clothes waiting for me at my destination.

When we take off to SSB, I do have to pack food. That wasn’t too different for the reunion as it is a big covered dish dinner. So I had that covered. Going to SSB, I take my train case with my pills, but that’s it. Everything I need is there. I dress in whatever "good" clothes I will need. If we go to community club, I wear what I came in. If we go to church, that will be a different group of people, so I wear what I came in. Neither group will know I have worn it twice on the weekend.

Fortunately, I began thinking ahead the night before. The realization came quickly. I had not planned clothes! I would have had nothing to change into! Not even underwear. I wouldn't have had a change of outer clothes for the next day, and we would be with the same people.

We either are going to SSB too often, or not going other places often enough. I’m out of practice!

No comments: