Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Simone - again


As a reminder, be sure to go by Ronni’s place for more information about the Elderblogger phone conference. It should be a fun thing. The address is below.
http://ronnibennett.typepad.com/weblog/2006/10/elderblogger_ph.html

In other events around here, there is the almost constant UTI that Simone has. She had been on a new treatment of meds with a change of diet - again. It is still the prescription dog food, but a different formula.

This morning, I had to obtain another urine specimen to take in. I was at a loss as to the best way to do this little task. I decided I would completely throw her schedule off, and I was successful. I first gave her the Prevac*d. That part is pretty normal. The difference is that I didn’t let her out immediately. She was quite confused, especially when G left for work. Then I gave her breakfast. She looked at me as though I had lost my mind. Then I finally took her out, taking a hint from the vet’s office when I helped them get a sample. I took an old, small baking sheet that wouldn’t ever be used again for food. Since it is one that is prone to rust, I put a grocery plastic bag over it. It worked like a dream. I got the sample.

I took it to the vet’s office right away. My problem was when I returned home. After months of carefully monitoring her intake (no more socks and paper napkins, please), I came in to find an empty can of peanuts on the floor. I forgot to put them up. She found them on the coffee table, and they are now history! Fortunately there was only about a handful and a half, but now I am wondering when the vomiting to occur! I would have rather she had taken to the couch again.

No comments: