Friday, October 13, 2006

But the rivalry is still real

All right, I over reacted yesterday while moaning about spending the weekend with the unknown man I perceived as a serial murderer. As it turns out, he will be going to Capital City to see his son, so our situation is going to be normal. It will just be family - which is strange enough.

And by family I mean family. SIL, BIL, grand nephew, MIL and FIL. Oh my! Perhaps unknown man has ESP and decided we were too weird to spend a weekend with. I don’t know how MIL and FIL will be since we have had no contact with them since the third weekend of last month.
The only problem lying ahead is the possibility of three dogs in my house at once. I think K is bringing her dog, and I know MIL and FIL will have theirs, Pepe. This is a dog they got after their poor 17 year old finally was able to be allowed to die. Pepe is from the other dog’s blood line.


Pepe is also wild. He had been put through a month’s intensive training. We knew quite a few things. Before training, he thought the place to potty was the house, and that outside was to play. After training, he was at least house broken, but knew how to act like a civilized dog.
Pepe is not a civilized dog now. He is back to chewing on shoes, pillows and hands. He will jump up on MIL and eat off of her plate! I couldn’t believe that actually happened until we visited just before they moved back home.


BIL does not like animals, mostly because he is allergic to their dander, but he especially does not like this breed (notice I am not identifying the breed?). Last time they were up in the country, the in laws went to BIL’s house. Pepe walked in and immediately relieved himself (both ways) in the middle of the living room carpet. That did not go over well. FIL suggested putting Pepe out in the yard. The fence is a country fence - 4 strands of barbed wire. It wouldn’t have contained that dog!

Well, if I do end up with Pepe in my house, at least I know the carpets will be gone within a week.

No comments: