Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It's jail time!

Shasha is going to jail tomorrow, or at least when "Brown" delivers! Yes you read it first here. She has been sentenced to jail time. What brought this on, you ask. As a repeat offender this is the only recourse.

Shasha is the cat who loves to assist in suicides. Most of the suicides really are murder. She loves to push things off the surface they sit on to the floor. It doesn’t matter what the object is. A glass that was accidently left out, scissors, jewelry that was not put away, pictures. Anything.

Last night, rather this morning at 4:30 am she pushed a glass (plastic fortunately) from the drain board to the floor. We were aware of this because we use a baby monitor so we can hear if something does happen in the front of the house. You see because Sebastian, the other cat, loved to stomp around on us as we try to sleep. To keep him out, we close our door. With the fan running, we can’t hear anything in the front of the house.

She has pushed me far enough. I’m afraid she will go after lamps and so on next. There is no way I can remove everything that is sitting on a surface in my house.

The story on the cats is that we were supposed to keep them for a short while when my son and his wife moved in with her mother to save money and get rid of their debt. That was two years ago. They are still in debt and living with her mother. I was going to be out of the cat business when my old, blind eighteen year old cat died. Well, he died last year, and I still have cats.

But Shasha has been sentenced. I know there was no jury, and perhaps the judge is not impartial. Her jail, otherwise known as a "cat playpen" is on its way. Prison, yes, the death penalty it’s not!

No comments: