Wednesday, August 16, 2006

MIsc.

Today’s post will be a this and that post. There are odds and ends that need to be wrapped up. G spent the day in San Antonio along with his brother trying to sort out the problems there. They asked their parents just what would make things better. The problem that could be identified best was the fact that they are accustomed to sleeping in separate rooms, having separate bedrooms for several years. There are simply not two bedroom apartments where they are, and the wait for one is long. The brothers convinced their parents that a day bed in the living room would be a good solution - certainly better that MIL sleeping on the couch.

G called me about 3 to tell me he was sitting in the parking lot of a T*rget while his brother was in the store buying linens. I asked why this couldn’t be done this coming weekend. We all are going to be in the hill country, and a trip into San Antonio could and would be arranged. G told me they didn’t want the parents to be able to change their minds.
They got the bed and bedding, assembled the bed, and left about 6:30. I know G doesn’t like to drive at night, but that was really his only option. I asked him why he didn’t stay at the house instead, and he told me if we thought it was dangerous for the parents, why wouldn’t it be dangerous for him. My daughter also said with it being closed up for this length of time, the smell of dog urine would be overwhelming. I guess so.

Simone is progressing well on her new bland diet. I suppose she did have an ulcer. She completed her round of what we called "chalk pills." They had to be put in a syringe, mixed with water, and then squirted into her mouth. She tolerated that quite well. I think she is going to miss her visits to the vet hospital though. She is such a people dog!

Today my Lady Bug goes to kindergarten. In fact, she is probably walking to her classroom as I write this. We spent part of the day together. I took her out to lunch. That is one of her favorite activities anyway. Then we went to the new ice cream store in our little city. We came back to the house where she wanted to play computer games.

I could not help but look at her thinking that it seemed like last week she was the little baby that I kept during the day. I cannot believe how time can and does fly. Before I know it, she will be graduating from high school.

Her mom just called. She was a champ. She was happy and excited about going to the "new school." I ‘m so glad because for a while this summer she wasn’t looking forward to going. She would tell her mom she didn’t want to talk about it. Now I am anxious to hear about her day!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That is so sweet about your little Lady Bug going to Kindergarten. Isn't it so nice when they're excited about it all? Hope her whole day went well!

Although we home school now, my oldest did go to public Kindergarten...hard to believe it's been two years already that she started! You're right, time goes by so fast!