Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I got so busy reminiscing about the past weddings that I forgot another completely new thing that happened to me at Sunday’s wedding. I played the piano with a wrist brace on. I knew the carpal tunnel was going to be a problem, and I hoped that I could forego the problem. I had tried to wear if fully over the hand, but movement was too limited. I got the hair brained idea that if I removed the fingers from the brace, just keeping the wrist immobile, my problems would not come. Perhaps if the wedding had happened on time, that might have happened, but alas, the bride did not walk down the aisle at 6 p.m. I played the wedding march with numb fingers.

In other happenings around the old casa, Simone is sick again. I took her to the vet yesterday, and he said she might have an ulcer. I just want an answer to why her stomach is so sensitive. It was almost like she waited until the clinic closed on Saturday before she began throwing up. Saturday was a real treat around here! So now she has prescription dog food for the next three days and more pills to be taken three times a day!


In the news from San Antonio, FIL is in the hospital. He has had congestive heart failure for a time. He was feeling poorly for a while, so he decided a check up would be in order. They put him in the hospital on Friday for tests. His cardiologist went on vacation (??) after that, and the fill in is talking pace maker. The family believes he is just in a snit about moving away from the house. There will be much more about that in the future.


My SIL, M, emailed me after they had stopped by to visit on Sunday. They are the ones who paid for the intensive training of "the dog." M said the dog "is the dog from hell gleefully jumping from one person to another." I’m sure she saw her money well spent. She said he apparently didn’t remember anything from training, which by the way lasted four weeks.


Such is the news from this home front. Each day brings its twists and turns making life exciting.

No comments: