Saturday, June 30, 2018

Hmmm

Guess the last post was quite a negative sounding one.  I AM in a negative mood - but not directed at that family.  All of this was long ago, and things that happened to them are tragic.  My son has fully forgiven the kids of that family, and I am following suit.  I still think they did bad things, but I guess they really didn't know better.

I AM furious with our neighbor at the SSB.  He is an outsider in acres of family-owned land.  People in that community historically (and rightly we are finding) shun "outsiders."  We, along with another relative who has since passed, helped them integrate into the community.

But this thing has turned on his neighbors.  It all started with the nephew of the other neighbor who helped whose land abuts his.  It is all over the road we all use that is on Z's property.  Z wants to cancel all easement.  That leaves properties landlocked.

The nephew has spent lots of money to fight Z.  He has a totally legal, recorded easement.  We are not so lucky.  Ours is an add-on to my MIL's property and it is the track we inherited.  It was bought from "nephew's" father who was in a bind to sell - at the same time he sold to Z.  Unfortunately the old folks did things on a handshake.  Our easement wasn't recorded at the courthouse. 

On July 12, after much wrangling, but without actually filing suit against him to stop him because we don't want to spend all of our retirement money, he is going to dam off our access to our property.  The law states since we have been using this road as easement, it is our right, but he will not recognize.  If he were going to take nephew as far as he did when his was recorded, we just won't fight that far.  We can get in through his late sister's property.

Am I waiting for karma for Z?  Absolutely.  He is evil.  He has property in another area, and no one will have anything to do with him - all over the same issue.  He is a jerk.

So I guess I should "turn the other cheek" and all that, but I most assuredly am not anywhere near that yet - and probably never will be.  So bad on me, I guess.

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I love karma...sometimes it takes awhile but it happens eventually.

yellowdoggranny said...

sometimes it's ok to help Karma out.

Judy said...

Hardest thing to do is forgive--when you absolutely know for sure the other person is at fault.