Thursday, June 02, 2011

Here I am again

I haven't been away because of our scare with Simone. I have had appointments. I was treated to the pleasure of an EMG. This is one of those little tests that you love - not.

This is the test where they attach electrodes to stimulate your muscles to see how much damage they can find. The first part wasn't too bad. The stimulation felt strange, but it wasn't really bad.

The last part of the test involved needles. Needles AND electrical stimulation. I discovered that the right leg isn't as sensitive as the left. They said the needles were like acupuncture needles. I think that was a little wrong! They hurt. Acupuncture doesn't hurt! And there was blood. Again not the same as acupuncture!

For a while, I thought there might be a question of Peripheral Neuropathy. But I think that was not the case. That is what I hope anyway.

I think I will hop over to one of the search engines and look for that.

Peace be with you.

4 comments:

JuJu said...

Why must doctors torture us so? All in the name of health?

Pshaw!

yellowdoggranny said...

I've had all of those tests and the ones I had hurt like a sonofabitch, which is what I kept sayng over and over ..

Judy said...

I had EMG on my arms and back a few years ago--then went to the dentist and when I got out of the chair, my white blouse had little spots of blood all over the back of it. As I sat in the waiting room, before the EMG, a lady came out and was crying--I wondered if she had gotten some bad news. NO--she was crying from the pain of the needles!!! Terrible test--will never have another one again--no matter what!!!

Marti said...

I haven't had an EMG, but another test last week, and all through it I was wondering if, in another 25 years, these tests will be written up in medical journals as "those primitive tests that inflicted torturous type pain upon the patient". I'm ready for modern medicine to come up with a better solution.