Friday, May 14, 2010

I am so foolish!

Last weekend, as I have said, we were at the SSB. Daughter and Son in law had some items that they thought would be good there. G was all for them. He was all for renting the trailer -since passing the "troop carrier" on to Daughter, our little F-150 is a lot smaller than we thought. So we were space and weather dependent on moving those things.

When they added a "game" room onto the house, they had an overstuffed chair that just would not fit up there. It has a lot of life left in it, and the chair that we bought for $99 six years ago was shedding the faux leather skin, AND its mate broke last year, I/we thought this large chair would be a good replacement before we really needed it. G agreed. Let it be known now, he DIDN'T agree to the ottoman.

Daughter and SIL had a gas grill then didn't use any more. I know they would like to have it there. Using charcoal is a pain. G agreed to that. We use out gas grill a lot. We have always used gas grills a lot. So we added the grill.

I really wanted furniture for our beautiful new back deck. So I ordered a set from the store that has a big red circle for its trademark. It came in pieces, but it had to go.

Daughter had some shelving that was basically free from her company, and G wanted those for the "barn." So that went.

Everything but the grill was in the trailer. The grill was supposedly anchored in the bed of the truck.

All was well for about 200 miles. Then the grill fell over. The strap was worked loose, and finally fell off. That precipitated the first temper tantrum. I was informed that he didn't know why we were taking their cast-offs. Huh? I thought you agreed. You knew what we were getting.
So when we finally arrived (a total of 5 1/2 hours), his mood was really foul. As we were unloading, it got worst.

I decided I didn't need his help. But he insisted for a while. I ended up on the weighted side going up the steps of the deck. The rationale here was I didn't have to go backwards. So we got the chair and ottoman out of the trailer and on the deck. The chair's history went back to when their cats were alive with claws. The back of the chair had been clawed. But you put the cushion on and it isn't visible. A fit was had over the ottoman, and it was well pointed out he didn't approve of that.

When it came to the shelves, he KNEW they were a little rickety to begin with. We have two of them at he SSB already. Well, being on their sides and riding seven miles on unpaved roads meant that a lot of the nuts and bolts worked their way out WHen he moved the trailed over to the "barn," he pulled his immature act and just threw them on the ground.

So back to me. I have had the two injections and eleven PT sessions at $35 a pop. Right? So I pulled my old trick. I would move the chair and ottoman in. I pushed the chair to the sliding glass door. The chair was wider than the door. I was told "well, you've finally done it - it's too big." If that blasted chair went through a normal 36" door, it would fit a sliding glass door. With that, I lifted and turned the chair on its side. I slid in one half, turned it and slid the rest in. Problem here is the word "lifted." Should. Not. Have. Done. That. But I went on as if nothing had happened.

But it did. I could feel the pain all the way to my toes. I think in my 15 minutes of anger, I undid a month and a half of therapy. I am still in pain. I am still in therapy. I have my last injection next Wednesday.

Have I learned a lesson? Probably not. I will probably do the same thing in the future. I tell Daughter to stop doing these things, but me? I continue to be stupid and abuse my body. So I really was so foolish.

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

Marti said...

I do the same thing and then tell my daughters to take care of themselves now so they won't be in the shape I'm in when they are older. Just think if you hadn't had the PT. What is the SSB?

Grandma K said...

Marti, the SSB is our place in the Hill County. It stands for Sticks, Stings or Bites because that is the nature of that place!! If things around there do one or all of those things!

Susan Adcox said...

Love the SSB acronym. Last time we were in that area, my husband was stung by a scorpion. Those really hurt!