Friday, May 21, 2010

Hmmmmm

To say I', in such deep doo is an understatement. I feel like it isn't really all my fault, but isn't that the way we all feel? I know Daughter feels the same, but none the less, I am in deep, deep doo.

When she was having her house remodeled, I wanted to use the plumber. He is used by her contractor, and is well thought of. Remember, our houses are a mile apart - from driveway to driveway. She kept forgetting to mention to him to come to my house when he was in the neighborhood. In fact, I never even got his number. She was going to take care of it.

Well, the remodel is done, and I am three working days out from knee replacement. I called the contractor to get the plumber's number. He was in the neighborhood today. He could be here at nine. I was happy.

Well, there was a conflict I forgot. I remembered Monkey Boy's "graduation" from the Bridge program yesterday. Today I was supposed to be at the elementary school for Lady Bug's power point presentation on Wyoming. Guess what I forgot when I made the appointment with the plumber? Yep,you got it.

I let Daughter know yesterday afternoon. Did she tell me that the plumber always running late? No,. She said she would call him. I said no because I didn't know his history. This morning, she rubber it in more.

I feel like I am just a millimeter above dirt right now. Lady Bug is really my favorite kid. She is 9. That is an age I really enjoy more. She is bright and interacts so well. To hurt her feelings just kills me as it is.

Anyway, I am in deep, and I feel so bad about it. All I am trying to do is get things ready for my surgery and recovery. I wanted the shower head changed out because when I use the shower stool the water hits me square in the face. I HATE it. I don't know what crack head installed the head that was there, but it wouldn't match up to anything to replace it. It was a 35 year old nightmare.

Well it is fixed, and I will set about trying to make things right.

Peace be with you.

4 comments:

Marti said...

Uh oh, I know how you feel. May the pooper scooper of life come by and take it all away for you.

Judy said...

Oh Gosh--there is nothing you can do about it now. She will forget and forgive over time and then, when Lady Bug is older, you can tell her what a bad Gramma you are and she will say, "No you'r not Gramma. I love you."

Susan Adcox said...

I did something similar recently, only I flat forgot about my grandson's program. That's a really bad grannie! Here's my blog about it. I am fortunate enough to have a really understanding daughter who didn't make me feel bad about it. As if I could have felt any worse!

Grandma K said...

Susan, my daughter was not forgiving at all at first. Then she was sorry. She regrets getting angry even now. Guess that is something that comes with age - deciding what is worth getting angry about. She told me my granddaughter didn't really notice, and when I called her to apologize, she didn't care either.
But nothing can soothe the hurt in my heart!