Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Off we go!

It is almost that time again. It is almost time to load up the 500 pounds of food (well, it seems like it, especially to G) to take to the SSB for the extended family Christmas/New Year’s Eve party. This year is expected to be a big one again, with only my nephew missing. He can’t get off work.

I wouldn’t even bat an eye at this if it weren’t for G. When we first put the place up, it seemed that on each trip we were heavily laden with "stuff." It seemed we would never get completely moved in. There was always more things to take up.
We have finally gotten most of the "stuff" there with the exception of a few things every now and then. This trip that includes the beautiful Texas star with our name on it that the kids gave us for Christmas. But for the most part there is not too much more that we need.

But for some reason, I feel that I have to take all the food that we will need with us. I could go into town after we get there, but I just don’t. So I went foraging at my Mega Mart and Wholesale Club yesterday. I was so loaded down that I had to begin putting things in the back seat, not just the trunk.

It was probably just as well however. I needed clam juice for the gumbo that we are going to have Sunday night. I was hard pressed to find it at the local Mega Mart. I know that the closest little town would not have it at all.
What is really sad about the amount of food that I am taking with us is that I am going into the little town to buy food for the remaining time we will be spending there. Our little family will go home on Monday, but we are staying through the week.

So beware! On Saturday the loud expletives deleted you hear will come from my ever loving husband, G when he loads the two ice chests and plastic bin into the truck for our little get together. He will once again ask me if we will ever get moved in!

I guess not.

No comments: