Thursday, December 07, 2006

Difficult gifts

Things always get hectic around here during the holidays, but this year seems to be worse than ever. I really thought I was on top of the game. I had completed most of my shopping. All I had left to do was to pick up two gifts for the party at Wide Spot in the Road. That became my most daunting task.

Last year, I didn’t put much thought into those gifts. I went to the Less Than A Buck store. Simple. As the gifts were being unwrapped, there were some really neat things, and I began to wish I had put more thought into my offerings. In fact, I walked away with the cutest reindeer plates.

So I set out to get some drop dead great gifts. I went to Mega store yesterday thinking I could find something that would do for a male’s gift, but forgetting that everything they sold came by the gross. I stumbled on some beautifully packaged truffles that met the price constraint. I thought that would be great. After all, who doesn’t like chocolate? Other than G I mean.

When G came home, I showed him the package and told him what was in it. He replied that should have been the woman’s gift - chocolate is for women. Now I am thinking I shouldn’t have gotten that as a gift. I had been trying to get him to give me an idea, but nothing. I guess I could have gotten a screw driver set or ratchet tie downs.


Anyway, I think my woman’s gift will be a hit. I found a set of candle holders that are really pretty. I think they will be sought after.

No comments: