Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Traveling with a 36 year old kid

Our children and their cousins are very close in age. The girls are three months apart, and the boys about two weeks apart. When each pair reached five, my in laws took them either to D*isneyland or D*sneyworld. It was a trip that my children really enjoyed.

Lady Bug is now five, and we wanted to continue the tradition by going to D*isneyland. One small problem. She will not stay apart from her parents. She has never spent a night with us unless her parents were also with her.

She does have a severe separation anxiety. School seems fine, but the prospect of going to bed without her parents being around is a no go. In a way, that isn’t bad for me. There’s not many times I get called on for overnight baby sitting. The only time I did was at their house, and Lady Bug was fine.

It seems that all six of us will be going on this trip. K and S want a vacation, so it is deemed this is the proper place. It should be fun because we can see V’s family while we are there.

I remarked to my husband last night that we are actually going with three children: Lady Bug, Monkey Boy, and S! His family didn’t take vacations when he was growing up. This will be a first for him too.

It should be fun! I am really looking forward to it!

No comments: