Monday, November 07, 2011

I swore I would never be this way

My MIL was a mean, vindictive woman.  She verbally attacked me on more than one occasion.  I knew what it was like to have at least one in-law from hell.  FIL was ok, but not her!

I promised myself I would NOT be that way.  I knew what it was like, and I simply would not be that way.

Well, guess what - it seems I am getting that way.  Not to the point of verbally attacking - at least yet, but I am getting to be angry with SIL.

The man doesn't know what it is like to open his mouth without having a lie come out of it.  When we first met him, all he did was try to impress us.  For example, he swore he and George Strait were friends.  He would refer to him only by the first name.  I tried to impress us with the fact he tried out for the Astros.  He didn't make it - at all.  Not even to the farm team, but he would always talk about the "Killer B's" as they were referred to.  Please don't ask me to name them - Bagwell, Biggo, and ???

Anyway.  Last night he was sitting there when Daughter said she didn't know what she was going to do with Angelica (remember the foster dog) while we are all at the SSB for Thanksgiving. Being with us is not an option with Shadow there.  He popped up and said "we are on a waiting list for boarding at the vet's office."  I KNEW that was wrong, but I just shut up.

This morning when Daughter called, he "beeped" in - as is the usual case.  He said the vet had a suite open for Thanksgiving.  There was no waiting list.  I just sat and fumed.  I was so glad there isn't telephone service for us with the camera.  I would have had a hard time hiding my expression.

Also last night, he was ragging on the church for having a "workship" yesterday.  They went to some group homes and worked instead of having formal worship in the church.  He knows that I am a great advocate of doing some things as a whole congregation in an informal setting.  We need to form bonds.

As he was sitting there, he said "that church meeting next Sunday ought to really be something."  Well, no.  We have just chartered.  Our next step is to elect our board and set a budget.  I told him that, and the answer was another lie out of his mouth - "oh, I know."

When I said that he interrupted my call with Daughter, it happens almost each and every time I am on the phone with her.  He calls her multiple times in a day.  When they were dating, she was almost fired because it was always calling her.  When she came home for a visit - he called about every hour on the hour.  Long distance.  His phone bill for the week was $300 - which he didn't have.

Whew - I feel better.  Vented that out.  There is more - like signing Monkey Boy up for year around baseball.  He said he would never push his kids into sports - ha!

Now I am through.  Thank you for allowing this.

Peace.

3 comments:

JuJu said...

Oh man oh man oh man. I can feel your frustration from here! And, I don't blame you one iota!

Judy said...

I thought I was becoming a mean, bitter, old woman, but you know--when you trim away all the external stuff and get right down to the nitty gritty--there are very good reasons why we get pissed! Thank goodness, neither one of us has lost it and vented on the people who need it--as yet :-)

yellowdoggranny said...

what ever happened to the expression' oh that's bullshit?'...sigh*